Annabel Hare undertakes:
- To provide treatment consistent with a diligent duty of care and within her knowledge, competence and experience.
- To hold Public Liability Insurance.
- To recommend, where the patient's condition is suspected to have a physical basis or cause, that the patient/client should seek medical advice first.
- To maintain strict confidentiality during and after treatment.
- To obtain permission from the client before any audio recording of any part of a session can take place.
- Never to use her position of trust and confidence to exploit the client in any way whatsoever.
- Should any irregularity arise with the client/therapist relationship to immediately consult with the Professional Standards Officer of the Management Committee of the Society, and where appropriate to cease treatment and/or refer the client to another therapist.
- To complete courses of treatment in every case at the earliest possible opportunity.
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety of the client and those accompanying them.
- To ensure that rooms and other facilities to be used for hypnotherapy and/or associated practice are suitable for such purpose.
- Never to use hypnosis before spectators where the intended or expected outcome is the demeaning of the hypnotised and/or other person for the amusement of others, and where hypnotherapy is demonstrated to an audience to immediately desist if aforesaid amusement begins to come about.
- To be aware that certain techniques of hypnosis may be unethical or inappropriate for certain patients, and to be judicious in the use of such techniques.
- To conduct herself, at all times, in accord with her status and never to do anything that might bring hypnotherapy or The Hypnotherapy Society into disrepute.